You can create beautiful walls by hanging small picture frames of sizes 4′ X 6′ or 5′ X 7′. Pictures create memories of good times. Such memories bring positive energy to your home. These picture frames are easily available in many stores near you. You can also order these online over amazon.ae or noon.com, etc. Such frames are typically designed to be kept on the table and have table stands attached behind them. Therefore, to hang a picture frame, first remove the stands by swiftly pulling these from the picture frames. You can print the photographs of your choice and insert them in the frames. Now your frames are ready to be hung on the wall.
Steps to hang a picture frame on the wall:
STEP 1 : Decide where to place your Picture Frame?
- Select a few options on the wall where the picture frame can be fixed
- Hold the picture frame against the wall. It is worth spending some time on this. You should consider the placement of furnishings in the room, lighting, color match, and visibility from different parts of the room.
- If you have a friend or a family member around, ask them to watch it from a distance while you hold the picture. They can guide you about the symmetry of the picture against the structure of the wall and placement of other objects such as pictures, shelves, curtains, etc.
- Hold the picture against the wall in the desired place and make small marks with a pencil in the middle of the top and the left edge of the picture. Then go back and visualize the picture there to estimate the symmetry against the wall and other objects.
- You can erase the pencil marks after you hang your picture frame on the wall.
STEP 2 : Mark places where you will install the steel tapes
- Use a pencil to mark places for steel tape on the Picture Frame
- Using a measuring tape, find the center of the Picture.
- Mark a point 1.3 cm to the left of the center and call it “L”.
- Mark a point 1.3 cm above the center and call it “T”
- Use a pencil to mark places for steel tape on the Wall
- Place the picture between the left edge and the top edge marks on the wall, placed in STEP 1 above.
- Make marks similar to “L” and “T” marks created on the picture frame
STEP 3 : Open the pack of KLAPiT
Tear open the 2pc pack of KLAPiT
You will find inside 2 pairs of KLAPiT. Each pair contains:
- 1 Alpha Steel Tape (White Steel tape with an adhesive covered by a liner on one side)
- 1 Beta Steel Tape (Same as Alpha Steel Tape)
- A NED Magnet
STEP 4 : Install Beta Steel Tape on the picture frame
- Clean the surface of the picture frame near the “L” and “T” marks.
- Remove the liner from the Beta Steel Tape and place it on the picture frame so that the left and the top of the Beta Steel Tape touches the “L” and the “T” marks on the picture frame.
- Place the picture frame on a hard surface with its back facing you.
- Press the steel tape firmly against the picture frame. The greater the pressure, the stronger will be the bond between the frame and the steel tape.
- Leave the picture frame for at least 30 minutes for the adhesive bond to strengthen.
STEP 5 : Install Alpha Steel Tape on the wall
- Clean the surface of the wall near the “L” and “T” marks.
- Remove the liner from the Alpha Steel Tape and place it on the wall so that the left and the top of the Alpha Steel Tape touches the “L” and the “T” marks on the wall.
- Press the steel tape firmly against the wall. The greater the pressure, the stronger will be the bond between the frame and the steel tape.
- Leave the steel tape on the wall for at least 30 minutes for the adhesive bond to strengthen.
STEP 6 : Install the picture frame on the wall
- Attach the NED Magnet to the Beta Steel Tape.
- Pick the picture frame and attach the picture frame to the wall so that the Ned magnet is between the two steel tapes.
- You can adjust the frame straight by moving it clockwise or anticlockwise without pulling.
Removing the Picture Frame
The picture frame is held against the wall using a strong magnetic force and a very strong VHB adhesive. To remove the picture frame, slide it down, up, or on either of the two sides. Remember not to pull the frame or else it may damage either the surface of the wall or that of the picture frame.
After you remove your product, you can use NED Magnet with another product in the same place. You can also attach the NED Magnet to the product and hang it on another wall that has Alpha Steel Tape.
Please install Steel tapes only on the flat and hard surfaces on the product and the wall. If there are any pins, paper or existing screws on the product, please remove them before installing the steel tapes. Also, please do not install the steel tapes on surfaces with holes. The steel tape needs a strong surface to bond with.