Beautiful paintings add life to your walls. Using KLAPiT you can hang a painting without drilling or damaging your walls. These paintings usually have a wooden frame that holds the artwork together. With KLAPiT you can hang small to very large paintings on the concrete walls, gypsum walls, particle board walls, tiles and glass partitions. Most of these paintings are below 1 Kg in weight. Therefore, you only need 2 KLAPiTs to hang these on your walls. However, if your painting weighs more than 1 Kg, then please use two additional KLAPiTs for every 1Kg.
Hanging Paintings up to 1 Kg
STEP 1 : Decide where to place your Painting?
- Select a few options on the wall where the painting can be fixed.
- Hold the painting against the wall. It is worth spending some time on this. You should consider the placement of furnishings in the room, lighting, color match and visibility from different parts of the room.
- If you have a friend or a family member around, ask them to watch it from a distance while you hold the painting. They can guide you about the symmetry of the painting against the structure of the wall and placement of other objects such as pictures, shelves, curtains etc.
- Hold the painting against the wall in the desired place and make small marks with a pencil in the middle of the top and the left edge of the picture. Then go back and visualize the picture there to estimate the symmetry against the wall and other objects.
- You can erase the pencil marks after you hang your painting on the wall.
STEP 2 : Mark where to install the steel tapes
- Mark the frame of the painting
- Using a measuring tape, find the center on the top edge of the frame.
- Mark a point 1.3 cm to the left of the center and call it “T”.
- Similarly mark a point 1.3 cm to the left of the center of the bottom edge and call it “B”
- Mark the Wall
- Place the painting between the left edge and the top edge marks on the wall, placed in STEP 1 above.
- Make marks similar to “T” and “B” marks created on the frame of the painting.
STEP 3 : Open the pack of KLAPiT
- Tear open the 2pc Pack of KLAPiT
- You will find 2 pairs of KLAPiT. Each Pair contains
- 1 Alpha Steel Tape (White Steel tape with an adhesive covered by a liner on one side)
- 1 Beta Steel Tape (Same as Alpha Steel Tape)
- A NED Magnet
- Detach the Steel tapes from the magnet by sliding them
- Keep the steel tapes @ 10 cm away from the magnet so they don’t attach again
STEP 4 : Install the two Beta Steel Tapes on the frame of the painting
- Place the painting on a hard surface with its back facing you.
- Remove the liner from the first Beta Steel Tape and place it on the frame so that the left of the Beta Steel Tape touches the “T” mark on top edge of the frame.
- Remove the liner from the second Beta Steel Tape and place it on the frame so that the left of the Beta Steel Tape touches the “B” mark on the bottom edge of the frame.
- Press both the steel tapes firmly against the frame. The greater the pressure, the stronger will be the bond between the frame and the steel tapes.
- Leave the painting for at least 30 minutes for the adhesive bond to strengthen.
STEP 5 : Install Alpha Steel Tapes on the wall
- Remove the liner from the first Alpha Steel Tape and place it on the wall so that the left Alpha Steel Tape touches the “T” mark on the wall.
- Remove the liner from the second Alpha Steel Tape and place it on the wall so that the left Alpha Steel Tape touches the “B” mark on the wall.
- Press both the steel tapes firmly against the wall. The greater the pressure, the stronger will be the bond between the frame and the steel tapes.
- Leave the steel tapes on the wall for at least 30 minutes for the adhesive bond to strengthen.
STEP 6 : Hang the Painting on the wall
- Attach the NED Magnet to the Beta Steel Tape.
- Pick the painting and attach the it to the wall so that the Ned magnet is between the two steel tapes.
- You can adjust the painting by moving it clockwise or anticlockwise without pulling.
Removing the painting
The painting is held against the wall using a strong magnetic force. To remove the painting, slide it down, up or on either of the two sides. Remember not to pull the painting or else it may damage either the wall or the frame.
How to hang heavy paintings without drilling or damaging walls?
You can also hang a painting on the wall without damage which is heavier than 1Kg. If the painting weighs between 1 Kg and 2 Kg, you need to use 4 KLAPiTs. Install one Beta Steel Tape on each corner of the painting and the respective Alpha Steel Tape at the corresponding places on the wall. Do these installations exactly as mentioned in Steps 4 and 5 above. Follow step 6 for installing the painting and step 7 for removing it from the wall.
Please install the steel tapes only on the flat and hard surfaces on the product and the wall. If there are any pins, paper or existing screws on the product, please remove them before installing the steel tapes. Also, please do not install the steel tapes on surfaces with holes. The steel tape needs a strong surface to bond with.